Thursday, April 11, 2013

Back to Life, Back to Reality...

Isn't that how the song goes?  I sure hope it's not a bad song.  That's the only lyrics I have in my head.  (Yes, I'm probably dating myself.)  Well, that's what it is.  Life.  Reality.  It's really not much fun.  Compared to the experiences we had in Nicaragua we lead very dull lives.  However, the routine is good in ways too.

I promised to share more of our pics and experiences with you so, I'm going to try to do just that...

There was a very fun bonfire on the beach.  Caleb, a young brother that was visiting, leaving and planning to return long-term got together the bonfire.  I was very excited to finally get to see the sunset at the beach.  We normally had to take the last bus back while the sun was setting.  I took a ton of pics trying to capture the "best" sunset pic.  I will share a few:







The boys started on the bonfire.  Well, I think Levi was just checking on the progress.



They tossed the volleyball around.


Josie snuggled with Colton & Indita's (sp?) puppy.  (This is the same puppy that Josie is snuggling in an earlier pic.  It's gotten much bigger!)





Of course, the best part of having a get together is the people you're getting together with.  We all brought food to eat and share.  Talked and played.  It was great!  I took more pics with people in them but they turned out all blurry and grainy since it was so dark :-( 

Then, the very next day where did we go?  Back to the beach.  It was Monday, after all.

Here's a glimpse of the food you can get at Playa Roca.

Shrimp tacos with beans & rice.


Whole fish!  (Not ours ;-)  Lee went to another table to take a pic of it!)


Chicken fingers with rice, salad & fried plantains.


And, here's us enjoying the end of beach day.  (Mine is a smoothie btw, it was Josie and my favorite "dessert.")


Here's Levi and I after going on his bible study.  I was just getting better from my cold and we were sweating like crazy that day!  I thought I was being cute when I said "Who's hot and sweaty?" Knowing full well that all my friends were at home, in the cold.  Sorry guys.


A yummy dinner.  Chicken fajitas, mexican rice and black beans.  Super quick and easy.


Here's Levi's lunch the next day.  He was using the leftover mexican rice with his egg burrito.  He ate a lot more eggs in Nicaragua than he normally eats at home.


Here's a pic of Lee and Josie enjoying the pool.  There was a pool next to the covered soccer field we used to play congregation soccer games.  Josie was dying to get in the pool.  There was one time we tried to go after the soccer game but, there were swim lessons being held.  So, one day her loving daddy skipped the game and took her swimming.




Here's a few pics from a Mexican restaurant we tried to go to a couple times but, it was always closed when we went.  We finally went one day after soccer and we were so excited!  It was great food, relatively quick service (not the normal Nicaragua speed,) and the kids had a great time playing dress up afterwards.




Our kids, including Jesslyn, our "adopted" daughter.  She's going to be coming home, to VA from Nicaragua, towards the end of the month.  We had a great time with her.  As you can see.

1 comment:

  1. So nice to hear that you are getting back into the swing of "normal" life. Rob and I got home to Clinton late Friday night and had CO here. So Sat. was pioneer meeting (he let us come) then his talk ( amazing video about tranlation dept.) then his service talk. TOday we had a streaming zone meeting at the hall including WT summary. Very busy weekend, now taking the week to settle in, unpacked and adjust to the weather. Hope you guys are well. Give the kids and Lee a hug for us, see you in Leon maybe??!!

    ReplyDelete